24/6 Responsibility for controlling the company communications network, infrastructures and core systems.
Identifying and dealing with malfunctions, providing an immediate solution or referring to a technical entity, while following up and fully engaging during the incident until it has been resolved
Direct contact with technical and management interfaces within the company.
The position requires working in shifts (morning/noon/night) including Fridays
- Operate the Monitoring Systems and maintain service monitors
- Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults on Traiana systems and networks)
- Liaising with both technical and management teams, handling escalation through to resolution
- Participate in NOC back-office various tasks – user’s management, internal version uploads to test environment, etc.
- Facilities maintenance (monitoring and management of air-conditioning, UPS, generators, power usage, running health and safety and housekeeping checks)
- Maintenance of WIKI and technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations
- Development of knowledge and skills in network and system administration, particularly regarding the company’s own architecture and platforms
- Participate in a 24×6 shifts roster
- At least 1 year experience in a technical Support or similar role
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English - Must
- Good network diagnostic skills
- Basic knowledge of the OSI model, networking, Linux and Windows OS
- Basic understanding of network monitoring concepts and management tools
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly
- Familiarly with Finance markets – an advantage
Share with friends: